Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Another year has come and gone. It has now been 3 years since Tatum died and I am sad to say that it has gotten easier. Part of me wants the pain to stay fresh only because it is hard to hold onto such few memories and my mind forgets things that I thought I would never forget. This year we decided that on his birthday we would put out all of the pictures blankets and stuffed animals, things from the hospital and his first outfit. It is all on a table in the front room set up as a memorial. The plan is to keep it all set up from his birthday till his death day. It has been so nice to have the constant reminder of how real it all was and to have things out that I can touch and hold. The kids ask more questions and we are able to talk about him more and remember how it was to have him here and look forward to when we will all be together again. On his birthday I took all the kids out of school at lunch time and took them for a picnic at the grave. We came home and made birthday cards for him and went and got balloons for his grave. We went to dinner that night and then went to fiesta fun. It was nice to spend the day doing fun things my kids all enjoyed and to make the day all about him. We have made it a tradition to go to the Temple every year on his death date and do sealings to help others become forever families. Every time we have gone the spirit has been so strong and I get such a strong sense of love from my Heavenly Father and my son Tatum. All we have now is pictures memories and the traditions we make a priority.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have seen all of his things. What a great idea! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete