Wednesday, April 7, 2010

FW: Tatum Update! NO LEAKS!




  • Tatum made the trip downstairs to the x-ray lab at around 9:30 this morning. They graciously let me go into the room and watch the monitor that shows when they put the barium liquid into his esophagus to see if there are any leaks. They let me know that they couldn't give me any info because I wasn't mom or dad, but I watched as the liquid went down into the stomach. Dr. Prince turned said out loud - No leaks. It was amazing to watch the care they took with Tatum and how difficult it was to keep his oxygen at good levels (John the RT was incredible! I gained a new and great respect for respiratory therapists.) Debbie had to lift him from his bed onto the x-ray table which was no easy feat! There are so many wires and tubes and they moved him an inch at a time while unwinding cords, monitoring oxygen and keeping it consistent manually. It was amazing to see the team (and I mean team!) work together and show such respect and communication. These doctors, nurses, RT's ... everyone....are amazing. They are truly angels and our Tatum is in such wonderful gentle care. There is hope to remove a few things today-perhaps the chest tube. I can't tell you how much I love this little guy. Thanks for all your prayers - they are working!
Love to all...
Take Care,

JaRene

No comments:

Post a Comment