Sunday, April 25, 2010

No surgery again

No surgery tomorrow. I am getting used to this and I guess I was prepared to hear that he wouldn't be getting the surgery tomorrow. We just can't seem to catch a break. His white blood cell count went down to a 1.1 which is a good sign that there isn't an infection, but his premature cells are high indicating that there is an infection somewhere. He is currently on 3 different antibiotics and his cultures are all clean so they don't have a clue what or where to look for an infection. They will have an infectious disease team come look at him tomorrow to see if they can give them a better idea of where to look for an infection. They'll probably do some ultrasounds to see if they can see anything that they can't see from the outside. I am grateful to the Doctors and Nurses that are taking care of him and making sure that he's in the best shape possible to go into surgery, so that he'll have the best chances. It is very frustrating though to have so many set backs and not even know what they really are. For now I will stay here with him and Brandon will go home to be with the other kids until they know more. They have mentioned Friday as a possibility for surgery, but I'm not getting my hopes up. The surgeons want him to be off of the antibiotics before the surgery. I am thinking maybe next week. So for now this is home, and we'll make the best of it. Keep him in your prayers and know that we love you all and are grateful for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment