Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Today the nurse practitioner called and updated us saying that Tatums esophagram wasn't scheduled yet but that it would be on Wednesday or Thursday. If it goes well then they'll take him off of the vent. They said that the ventilator is currently set at minimal settings and that he was breathing mostly on his own and the oxygen levels were minimal from the ventilator, so he's basically breathing the room air. If they are able to take him off of the ventilator then we'll be able to hold him this weekend. I'm hoping it all goes well. I want to hold him so badly! Pray for him! Thanks to all of you for the prayers so far. We feel like we have received so many blessings already, so thank you from the bottom of our hearts! We love you all! Oh they also said that he was very alert today and that he was keeping his eyes open and looking around. I can't wait to see him!

1 comment:

  1. Zeffie-
    What a relief to hear your little guy is doing better! We have been praying for you and your little family. Keep us updated and if you need anything let me know. I would be happy to help in whatever way you need.
    Megan (Lybbert) Bundy